5 Tips On How To Protect Your Teeth During the Holidays!
The holiday season is upon us! Taking care of your dental hygiene is especially important during this busy time of year. Here are 5 tips on how to protect your teeth during the holidays!
1. A fluoride mouth rinse can help to decrease sensitivity. At night be sure to continue to brush your teeth and floss at least 2 times a day. Make your hygiene a priority.
2. Do not remove tags with teeth or bite down on hard foods. This can damage fillings or chip teeth. Avoid an emergency trip to the dentist and don’t use your teeth for these things!
3. Avoid teeth staining beverages and habits. Both red and white wine, coffee, tea, and soda all effect the brightness of your teeth. Opt for water when you can! Smoking is also harmful to your oral health as well as others.
4. Avoid over doing the candy this season! You don’t have to skip the holiday treats altogether, but snack in moderation. Avoid overly sticky candy that can linger and weaken your teeth. Your teeth are exposed to less sugar when you have 1 treat, versus constantly snacking.
5. Make an appointment with your dentist! When you have regular professional visits your teeth will look their best and stay in great condition. Start the new year with a perfect smile, and fantastic oral health.